Friday, October 5

Chow.



I spent a really great afternoon today in the company of the editorial team from CHOW, an online site devoted to all things eat, drink and be merry. Their features range from parties all about town, to gourmet meals you shouldn't miss, to recipes and essential cooking gear. There's also a great library of recipes, instruction and advice. All things wonderfully gastronomic. And it's updated daily, so you only get the freshest of ingredients.


The folks at CHOW invited me to do a holiday table setting and centerpiece for them, which is pretty much like crack for me, so I eagerly accepted. Thus, this afternoon Michelle, an editor for CHOW and Chris, their staff photographer came over to shoot my version of a holiday table. What an inspiring afternoon with some really nice, and obviously talented people. They included me in the collaboration, styling and even checking through Chris' lens at the shots. I had so much fun! I took a few photos of them taking photos and directing the shots. I'd love to share the table setting with you, but apparently I'd then have to kill you. I'm under strict orders, no pics until the feature runs. Look for table setting ideas from the always inspiring and inventive Rose & Radish, the simple but always so elegant Shim + Sons and a bit of retro holiday nostalgia from sfgirlbybay online at CHOW on November 26.

10 comments:

bohemian at heart said...

oh cant wait to see it!

Fashion Hayley said...

Sounds great! I loved the feature about you in Real Living. If you are interested in Australian Design take a look at my new blog http://fashionhayleyhome.blogspot.com/ which is hopefully going to be updated daily with beautiful ideas and tips about Australian stores and designers!

freefalling said...

I've already declared myself a fan, but gee, you're clever.
And gee, I'm jealous!

Al Boozy said...

Are those red oak floors?

katiedid said...

Eeek! I can hardly wait! What a fun day!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the chow piece..can't wait to see it!
-joy

Unknown said...

Awesome! I just looked at their site; they did a cool feature on dining tables too. http://www.chow.com/stories/10731

Style Saves the World said...

So cool!! Can't wait to see it. Congrats!

72 and sunny said...

it's going to be great, and now you've introduced me to a fun new site!
thanks!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oh wowza. How very great!