Friday, October 5

Curiosity Couple*.


I may be about to go into a bit of debt. The Curiosity Shoppe has opened their new San Francisco shop in the Mission! I've coveted many a funky item on their online shop, but now they're real live and in person? Oh noooo.

The Curiosity Shoppe is brought to us by cool couple Lauren Smith and Derek Fagerstrom, New York City transplants who chucked life in the big city for life in the little city. They carry the best of boutique kitsch, art, housewares, books and, well, a little bit of the curious.

*An additional post script, in one of my brain fades, I didn't notice when I posted this, that Lauren and Derek are also Grace's new d*s DIY editors. They'll be bringing us a new DIY project at d*s every Wednesday.


Their new Curiosity Shoppe is complete with a wee reading lounge where they invite you to hang out and peruse through their extensive art, craft and DIY library. I do believe have a new home away from home. Tacos, shopping and reading, yum. You can find the new Curiosity Shoppe at 855 Valencia Street, in San Francisco's Mission District.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go and check their store out! I love the pics.

Leigh said...

The grand opening was great and the bat installation by Shawn Creeden in the gallery area of the shoppe is really impressive.

Whitney said...

I stopped by on Friday and apparently they will be having live bats at the store Sunday at 2pm in support of the the bat installation Leigh mentioned above. Should be interesting...

sfgirlbybay said...

Live Bats...whoa, I may need to see that. Interesting, and curious. :)