Friday, January 18

Take Me Away.

I'm still in Dallas, but a few weeks ago Sylvain Louradour wrote me requesting a photograph of one of my favorite places for her website, Your Lovely Places. I sent along this one, of the trail high above the coastline in Cinque Terre, Italy. I loved hiking this path from one village to the next, travelling through orange and olive groves, meeting stray cats along the way, and even being invited to sample some local vinyards' wine.

Take a look at some other very lovely places.

From Sandra Juto (of smosch fame), Kaufbar, a bar & café in Berlin - "a truly
relaxed and cozy place that I think of every day and wish to go back to soon."


Via Vincent, le quartier de prenzlauerberg à Berlin.


From Gary, La Luna Hostel in Montezuma, Costa Rica.
"Set away on a steep hill,
with an even more isolated veranda,
con hamaca,
overlooking the bay.
Bliss."

10 comments:

Michelle said...

ooh those are great, makes me want a vacation even more now that's it's below zero here.

LINDSAY said...

Take me away indeed! Soothing beautiful photos.

Alyssa Coberly said...

um yes please orange and olive groves!!! so jealous

that hammock is calling my name - weather man says -25 wind chill here in chicago tomorrow (wait why do i live here again?)

Giovanna Borgh said...

Cinque Terre it´s really beatiful...it looks like Rio de Janeiro, the favelas from Copacabana.
Do you know Friuli Venezia Giulia? it´s lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I would love to be in that hammock with a banane con agua and a good book. Closing my eyes now.....

Raya Carlisle said...

Oh Cinque Terre, my most favorite place in the whole world. I went there when I was single and want to go back with my husband someday - it's so romantic!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I loved that walk when we did it...thanks for bringing back memories...

Nathalie said...

Oh the Cinque Terre is not far from where i am from in Italy..i have been there loads of times and it is so magical :)

Cakespy said...

Sigh...travel envy at the moment. Must...make...more...money! ;-) thank you for the brief respite in photos! Lovely.

perfect bound said...

I had one of the best meals of my LIFE in Cinque Terre. All homemade by a family we met at the train station who rented us thier guest house for the weekend. We stayed all week. I too dream of taking my (future) husband back to eat the next great meal of my life. It's been 10 years exactly.