Friday, January 16

A Stitchin' Good Time.

It was the monthly gathering of the STITCH group Wednesday evening, and a good time was had by all! Too good, perhaps! Artist Leigh Wells hosts a monthly gathering of fabulous and creative women, and we sit around sipping wine, having appetizers and stitch, bitch and laugh a lot. I highly recommend organizing your own STITCH group, where everyone works on individual portable crafty, sewing or art projects. It's something we all have fun at, get to create while we're there, and always come away with something we made, and loads of inspiration from each other. Thanks again for another great night, Leigh, and to all you fab girls, too!

Lauren replaces buttons and does some mending.

Asa and Molly tackle Molly's needlepoint project from Hell.

Leigh works on her felted phone cover.

That needlepoint is huge!

Lisa does her beading of baubles.

Angela and Leigh work on the phone pockets.

Annie paints and Danette does some sewing.

9 comments:

modest-goddess said...

I attend a weekly stitch group where I usually do hand quilting. It is a great opportunity to share your projects, socialize, and make some progress. Fun for all.

Leacayoungart said...

That is such a great idea. Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I wanna be in the Stitch Group! I was in one a long time ago and have such fond memories of that time in my life, but I do recall that I always made crazy mistakes that day and learned to bring my no-brainer work in progress to Stitch Group!

Toshimi said...

I wish I had a Stitch group to go to. Doing crafts is so much more fun with company.

Laurel said...

Cool! I used to get together out here in the East Bay with some ladies and we would quilt. Only one was a true quilter but we all so enjoyed the time together. All varying ages from 60's50's and my group of 40 somethings. Losts of giggles for sure. We made a wonderful wedding quilt for one of our dear friends and I was given the most gorgeous ivory and white baby quilt for my little Ella when she was born. I also really love your idea of each person working on their own craft. Fun times!

jalexander said...

It's like an all-star team of the SF design community.

Brooke said...

I wish there was a fun group like that around where I live! Looks like so much fun!!

Jennifer said...

Another reason I'm sad not to be in the Bay Area. What a wonderful creative and crafty group! I have so many little unfinished projects around my apartment; I'm sure this group would be just the thing to motivate me to complete some of them! Would you or any of your readers know of any such groups in the NYC area?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you're making us all jealous! Looks absolutely lovely. And so nice to not limit it to one craft only - it seems you would get inspired by the other ladies' projects. Very nice!