Wednesday, February 25

Time Out With Erin.

Hand Shadow Bird card, from Honeylux.

When was the last time you drafted a handwritten note? (And no, grocery lists do NOT count). Sadly, I recently realized that in 2008, I had sent perhaps three birthday cards and a few get well soon's. Not gonna cut it for '09, I decided, and have promised myself to send a card once/week this year to someone who deserves it. (Last week's card was illustrator Rebecca Horwood because it was her birthday!).

Big Red Thank You, from YeeHaw.

Hello There, from Pistachio Press.

So far I've stuck to my once/week goal fairly well, especially after ordering these cuties from Paper+Cup. They make me feel like I'm in grade school again and I have to admit, my penmanship has greatly improved. ;)

Today, write a letter to someone you love. Maybe even two. It'll give your brain a rest from the dreaded computer and you'll be making someone's day at the same time. Two cards, one stone.

Have a Cupcake Notecards, from Tara Hogan.

Fishbowl Card, from Dee & LaLa.

Early Bird Card Set, from Roll & Tumble Press.

Congratulations, from Sycamore Street Press.

*In case you're unfamiliar, Time Out is a new Wednesday column brought to you by Erin Loechner, Editor of Design for Mankind...dedicated to tearing you away from behind the computer monitor and on to enjoying the simple things in life. Enjoy! And thanks Erin!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love handwritten cards. I have a drawer full in my office and I can spend an hour in the card aisle or the shop in my neighborhood without even noticing. I simply love sending out cards and I recently bought special stationary from one of my favorite bloggers and Etsy sellers. This is a great idea! you will make everyone's day with these surprises in their mailboxes!

Toshimi said...

i love that last one, "great job on that thing you did. really super." i would soooo give that to someone as a thank you card.

Katherine said...

ha! that "great job" card is the BEST.

Jessica said...

I love note cards and stationery, but I don't use them nearly enough. The goldfish one is adorable.

Sarah Bradley said...

I love the art of letter writing and have also made it a point to do more of it this year. So far so good! It definitely helps when you have super cute stationary on hand!

this humble abode said...

I'm big on handwritten notes. I send them because I like to receive them. Bought a 12 postcard series from Happify, 1 for each month, and have loved sending them out.

Ann said...

i love your goal! it's inspiring me to do the same...