Saturday, February 3

Warhol at Targét.

Okay, Andy's now famous (for at least 15 minutes) at Target. Weird. And yet, kinda cool. He's probably rolling in his psychedelic grave. I found these Andy Warhol duo-tones from a collection of lithograph prints featuring the pop artist’s face along with some of his more infamous quotes at, of all places, Target. They're set in a square 10" x 10"box frame; a group of them make an arty, colorful composition. That Target just keeps on surprising.

Kim just shared her grouping in the comments below and I just had to add her flickr photo. It looks so great - she really made these work. Bravo Kim!

7 comments:

kim. said...

Aren't those Andy Warhol prints fabulous? I have 4 of them (not from Target) and I just adore them! Here's a link to a pic of mine on Flickr.

victoria@sfgirlbybay.com said...

They look so great! I'd love to post your photo here!

kim. said...

Thanks Victoria!

casapinka said...

Kim, these look excellent. I love the quotation "Art is what you can get away with." I think I live that, much to everyone around me's chagrin. Disco balls hanging above the baby's crib? ART. It reminds me of that season 2 Project Runway ditty. "It's FASHION. It's FASHION. It's ART! Thanks for the post, Victoria.

becky said...

Victoria, that is so weird, I marked a similar photo from kim from flickr to my faves a few days ago, and have it ready to go in an "organizing art" post. What to call this phenomenon? Deja blog?

Becky (from Hatch at Designpublic)

victoria@sfgirlbybay.com said...

Hi Becky,

We're just both so 'on Target' - ha - bad pun! Kim didn't even get her Warhol's at Target! :)

I know what you mean, though. I've just begun to start receiving press releases from people who'd like me to post about them. But prior to that, it's happened to me a few times. I'll have it in my head to post about some product, or another, and then there it will be on another design blog. I think we must all admire each other's style!

I hope you'll still post Kim's great arrangement - it's such a good example! :)

kim. said...

You guys are making me blush!