Monday, November 12

Flea Market Finds.

As I said, I scored big at the Alemany Flea Market on Sunday, so I wanted to share with y'all what less than $80 bucks buys. I know, I know, it may look like junk to some, but hey, whatever makes your heart sing, right? I had a great day of treasure hunting and the hunt was most certainly half the fun! And, yes, I bought another deer to add to my current ceramic wildlife obsession. I also picked up this pretty, zen pink box, above, from India for just a dollar.

This was the big find of the day (not that I was actually looking for her, but she seemed to just reach out and find me!). It's a vintage oil painting from the 50's of a London flower market lady. I love her bright striped blouse and funky glasses!

I picked up the daisy hook on the left, to pair with the one I already had on the right. And, I got this crazy Ice-O-Matic to partner up with my mum's old Juice-O-Matic. Fruity cocktails anyone?

These saucy little dishes were green and speckled and just called my name..."hey, Victoria, we're just $2 for two!". Then I went and got myself some prize-winning trophies and filled 'em with succulents. I'm a winner!!

And, for reasons beyond comprehension, I bought these vintage 70's retro mugs and what really is a gosh-awful squirrel dish, but again, a dollar each and I happen to like squirrely things. All in all, a good day of inexpensive entertainment with some fun, bargain flea finds.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freaky to me but I probably would have gone for the same items.

j said...

that deer is lovely.

I go through phases with flea markets and second hand stores. sometimes I buy something only to wonder what I'll do with it. the consignment store is a good compromise, though. since the items are marked down after a certain amount of time, I wait- I'm a yankee; it's an inherent part of my personality. then, if I keep thinking of it and do go back, I'll buy it.

is your e-mail button new? that's cute.

72 and sunny said...

oh no. that is some good haul!

A R H said...

YOU are sooo cool! I don't mean to sound like a kiss ass but you seem like that cool, quirky girl in the movies who is creative beyond compare and can turn anything she finds at a flea market into hip, vintage, retro home decor!!

Weird comment I think.....

Nathalie said...

Great finds, i love going vintage hunting in flea markets i wish there were more in Dublin !
there is nothing better then a great finds at bargain prices !

Anonymous said...

Wonderful finds! I love the vintage mugs.

janet + stu said...

love your finds, i have the same ice-o-matic in bright yellow!

Joslyn said...

I'm loving the succulents in the trophies...very fun!

Anna Spiro said...

The vintage portrait is devine - I am looking for something just like this at the moment but as it always goes when your looking for something you just can't find it!! Great find Victoria!
XO
Anna

Blogging Masterclass said...

oh fun! And now for my cheeky monkey question - did you remove from your home the same amount of items you brought in? I know you mentioned in the past that this is your rule. Do you ever bend the rules? I tried to have a rule like yours but I always seem to bring in 10 things and take away only 1 or 2 MAYBE. It's hard, I'm having a very hard time lately with editing my own space because my home looks really unorganized and piled high lately.

sfgirlbybay said...

oh holly - you busted me! nope, NOTHING went out - yet. I'm feeling like soemthing's got to go, though, so perhaps that etsy shop i still keep trying to find time to get going...