Friday, January 25

Domino Readers' Choice!

Domino Magazine announced the winner of their Readers' Choice Contest and it's a great one! If I wasn't going to win, I was hoping the winner would either be Joy's beautiful bedroom, or this pretty place from Lara in Atlanta, Georgia. Man-o-man, these colors are beautiful, and I love her funky finds. Excellent Readers' Choice!

Lara, a photographer with an obviously great eye, has some really cool collections of vintage lamps, glass and pottery, amazing portraits and some gorgeous mid-century modern and retro-inspired furniture with fabulous textures. I could move in here with no problem at all. Congratulations Lara, I hope your winnings bring you some fabulous new flea market finds!





6 comments:

Moira said...

Sorry you didn't win, but this one definitely has a sfgirlbybay vibe...if that's any consolation...you're setting shelter award winning trends!

JanelleGrace said...

There were so many good rooms and this one was one of my favorites. I love seeing more photos.

Anonymous said...

I must confess to having voted for Laura - but we have the same couch! I was able to get so much inspiration from this room. But rest assured, your cozy pad was a close second!

heymomo said...

I'm in love with those vintage lamps! I'm inspired to go flea market shopping.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across this post, I am "Lara" from Atlanta. I already had book marked your blog, discovering it through flickr, I think. I bookmarked it but only just now really took a good look and there was my house.
I love your Sunday in the city series and artist space profiles. We have a very similar esthetic and thanks for the compliments in your post. I was very surprised to win, there were so many great spaces esp. yours!

Anonymous said...

oh and in case your interested you can contact me through my website:http://rossignolfoto.com/#p=-1&a=0&at=0