Friday, March 7

Home Sweet Home.

Cruising through my spam, of all things, I found an email that certainly didn't belong there from The Post Family (sorry, guys). They're an online art gallery, run by - you guessed it, you clever kids - The Posts. Six Chicago-based artists and designers unto themselves, with an amazing set of eyes (more to come soon on these grand fellows)! There I discovered the work of Lisa Dahl and fell hard for her Home Sweet Home collection - acrylics on wallpaper and bed sheets with embroidery. You heard me right, Lisa uses wallpaper and bed sheets as her canvases and they are quite fetching, at that. Lisa explains her pieces as "small works that explore the icon of the suburban home as metaphor; combined with home-related phrases that subvert the familiarity of clichés." Perhaps my very own suburban upbringing is what drew me in. I immediately just felt so at home.


6 comments:

mominaledo said...

I love the "Home Sweet Home" collection! No home needs to be without one of these beauties! There's no pricing info...do they sell direction off the website?

sfgirlbybay said...

I think they are part of a limited edition gallery collection, and she may have sold them. I just thought they were beautiful pieces of art, and wanted to share.

bettyninja said...

Thanks for sharing- her work is absolutely amazing.

Julie K said...

Love these.. perfect juxtaposition of nostalgic and modern, sweet and sinister. i'm inspired.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I just had a flashback from the bottom picture! I'm pretty sure we HAD those bedsheets!

Kelly Lynn Jones said...

i love love all of those!