Monday, April 14

All About Alla Prima.

I love the paintings of Alla Prima Painting, aka Seattle-based artist Robert Chunn. Painter of clutter extraordinaire. Robert can make a pile of tin cans, books, or a simple espresso machine look like something extraordinarily beautiful, and something you definitely want hanging on your walls. The colors, the texture, the simplicity all resonate with me and I just love these water color and oil little paintings. Simple studies, complex feelings. They always make me feel a little melancholy, like where'd all the people go? Who lives here? Are they happy? But I like thinking about them a lot, and they are beautiful to be sure. Here's a glimpse at the work of Robert Chunn...and you can see more of his work on his blog, and shop for these beauties in his etsy shop.






12 comments:

Jan Halvarson said...

oh ya - love the colors - sort of retro

Raya Carlisle said...

Quite charming and Wayne Thiebaud-esque. I may have to have one of these for my house :)

Anonymous said...

I've had him marked as a favorite on etsy for some time now. I'm glad to see his work here.

chewingthecud said...

oh my, LOVE the work! Thanks for sharing.

Katarina said...

Great paintings!!!

Katarina

Anonymous said...

he's been a favorite of mine on etsy....love his work. Thanks for showcasing!

Anonymous said...

Wow. He's a beautiful colorist - totaly has that Wayne Thiebaud/Bay Area School sensibility of light.

Love it.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see these featured here; I had admired them on flickr awhile ago but I had forgotten about them. They are charming!

Becky

belindadelpesco.com said...

Wow, so great to see Robert's work getting some spotlighting. He's an excellent watercolor painter, and a superb draftsman. Bravo!

r. chunn said...

I've enjoyed all the wonderful comments. Thank you, Victoria, for blogging about Alla Prima.

Fabienne said...

Hello,
I am really interested in the paintings of Robert Chunn, but I can't find his blog ( alla prima ).
Does it get a new adress ? Does it desepeared of the web ?
If you have some information, I' ll be really happy if you share it with me !
Thanks.

Sorry, I' m from France ...

sfgirlbybay said...

I'm sorry - I can't find him anywhere anymore. Not sure where he went!