Thursday, November 30

Soft & Fuzzies

Last night I attempted to peruse the massive pile of holiday gift catalogs I tripped over upon entering my apartment. Why, oh why do they bombard us with these? It guilt's me not to look at them because it's such a waste of trees. Anyhow, I saw some cute things in the Garnet Hill catalog, so I thought I'd share. There's no way I can compete with the amazing gift guide series Grace put together on Design*Sponge, nor would I want to. You gotta check it out - it's really good! But I thought I'd post a few unique gift ideas over the next few weeks when they catch my eye.

I love these En Gry & Sif Felt Coin Purses. Handcrafted in Nepal using New Zealand wool, these colorful, fun designs are decorated with various embroidery treatments. Some styles have felted zipper pulls. All are lined with smooth nylon. So whimsical and happy! I love being able to spot cute things like these at the bottom of my purse.

These Chevron Hot-Water Bottles would make anybody cozy and warm on a winter night. Made in England, where they must be experts on avoiding a chill, these hot-water bottles are covered in a heathered chevron-patterned cover woven from soft English lambswool. Quite toasty and the perfect gift for any grannys and grandpas.

No comments: