Tuesday, January 2

Jasper, oh Jasper.


I have done it. Finally. With all your help. I have actually, physically ordered Room & Board's 86" White Slipcovered Jasper Sofa. Thank you, thank you for all your invaluable input. I went with the Jasper for a number of reasons: I love the comfortable, yet sleek, vintage modern look and the lovely tapered legs. I love that it's white, but it's slipcovered so virtually Cooper-proof. I heard from many of you that you'd had trouble with your clothes catching on the buttons of the Petrie and them coming loose. The Modern seemed too large scale and the André seemed so nice that it might make the rest of my flea market furniture look like crapity-crap. Oh, and the best part? The Jasper was least expensive, but was not the deciding factor. Done! I hope you'll agree it was the right choice for me.

I'm thinking about how to add to it in a simple, clean way - perhaps with a lovely pillow or two from Lena Corwin.






Or I'll whip up a pillow or two from one of Amy Butler's Amy Butler's great line of fabrics. But whatever it is, I'm thinking simple and fresh with some fun, mid century modern accent pieces. That's what I'm going for, anyway. Jasper arrives January 13, so I'll keep you posted.



15 comments:

Asli said...

good! post pics when you get it! I was just looking at Holly's housetour on flickr today and thought I really liked the jasper after all...

sfgirlbybay said...

thanks asli! nicole's house tour helped sell me, too!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! glad to see about the Jasper buy. Congrats! During a meeting today my thoughts drifted to you dilemma. I love the Petrie too but I kept thinking I would suggest having slipcovers made for it. However that moots the whole thing esp. since it would add additional $ and would coverup the tufted back. It would only end up looking like... the Jasper!

Looking forward to seeing the photos once it's in your home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jasper is PERFECT for you.

Isn't it great being able to get input online, too?

We were in love with Jasper, too, but heard from cat owners and parents that the loose cushions get "smooshed" or displaced and rarely look nice. We ended up with the nerdy sounding but great looking "Eugene" instead.

But I still pine for Jasper... If it weren't for the resident toddler (soon to be preschooler), he'd be my first and only choice!

He's going to look lovely with your Craigslist Danish Modern chairs!

Anonymous said...

congrats! In Nov. I ordered two of the slip-covered Jasper's for my livingroom, but in the "custom" linen–not in white–so they are not here yet. I can't wait for you to post photos of yours here since mine probably will arrive at the end of the month.

-nf

Anonymous said...

great blog, I've been eyeing that couch for myself!

Michelle

Chelsea said...

I think the Jasper is the perfect choice for you. I can't wait to see the pics. Congrats!

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

You chose the right one. I love this one and it will look great with some beautiful fabric pillows. :)

Anonymous said...

*nodding* I approve. Beautiful lines.

Anonymous said...

I had to write because I bought the same couch a few months ago and I have one Lena Corwin pillow and two pillows I made from Amy Butler fabric! I love the couch (and the pillows).

sfgirlbybay said...

thanks everyone for your words of support - i'm pretty excited and keep redecorating in my head at night. it's hard to sleep when i do that!

alyssa - that is so funny! great minds think alike :)

Anonymous said...

Is that your apartment with the swag leg dining chairs? Love!

George G said...

I've been eyeing the Jasper but in Leather for a good year now - it's a small enough frame that it fits in my space perfectly. Plus, it just looked better in person than the Petrie did, because I went to try them both out in Soho. The Petrie's legs aren't as nicely tapered, and the Jasper feels a lot more comfy (at least I thought the leather one was moreso). I may still get the Jasper, although the new Wells that Room & Board came out with might be calling my name...!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you went with Jasper! We'll be couch twins now... or something like that, but with a less nerdy title. ;)

sfgirlbybay said...

george g - yeah, the wells is super cool, just a bit over my budget.

my jasper arrives saturday - i'm so excited! new pics to follow! can't wait to be jasper-in-laws, pink!