Tuesday, May 29

Pretty Paper.

Sfgirlbybay reader Jennifer wrote to me in hopes of finding any small wallpaper design studios in San Francisco. She recalled reading an article about a designer in the city, but can't remember where she read about her. Anyone have an idea who the article might have been about? She would really appreciate any help you could give, as she has a friend who wants to break into the business and is looking for a mentor and perhaps an internship. I was no help at all (I better get on the wallpaper scene!). All I could think of was 5qm, based out of Cologne. Not terribly convenient, but it could be a fun, euro-internship!

5qm collects and sells original vintage wallpapers from the fifties, sixties, seventies and eighties. You can also purchase newly manufactured wallpapers in lots of cool retro designs, shown in their category called Neo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know of any local ones, but here's a great wallpaper company in LA: http://www.walnutwallpaper.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Sheesh! That's too funny. I remember reading a great article (maybe a yearor two ago?) about a really cool woman who does very retro - late 60's style wallpaper in SF. I have been thinking about her lately and wondering how to find her again as well. (She did have a site I visited around that time.) I hope someone else knows. Brains- they really are wired funny! Wish I could remember