Wednesday, June 13

Sister Act.

I thought I'd continue on with my Clement Street Saturday stroll. The day I was in Period George (yesterday's post) I also stopped into quite a few other shops in the neighborhood. Some are brand new to Clement, or have been around for just a short while, and others have been there forever, and yet I'd never ventured in.

One of those shops is Satin Moon Fabrics, a gorgeous little place with every inch packed with glorious fabrics and trims. The shop has been run by sisters Alice and Susan for the last 35 years in the same quaint, Clement Street location. The sisters are so sweet, and so helpful and have such an eye for unusual and high quality fabrics, I couldn't wait to tell you about their really special little shop.


Satin Moon Fabrics carries everything from upholstery weight fabrics to silks and beautiful cotton prints. And they have an amazing stock of ribbon and trims, as well. I picked up some coral-pink pom-pom trim while there, to finally finish off a pillow I'm making from a vintage floral drapery panel.

And while the selection is great, Satin Moon Fabrics also has this amazingly warm atmosphere, that makes you want to sit down to tea with these two charming and fun sisters. They seem to finish each other's sentences, laugh a lot while helping you, and just genuinely love what they do. I will go back there for my all fabrics, and secretly just to check in with Alice and Susan. The sisters were camera-shy, so I can't share them with you, but trust me, there's a little something magic about them and their wonderful shop. Go on and see for yourself.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip! i hadn't heard of them before...

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! Satin Moon was a haunt of mine when I was in grade school-high school, when I could walk down there and imagine myself designing clothes. In fact, I would even venture that visiting that store so frequently at such an impressionable age somehow influenced me to go to fashion school.

Of course, I was using pocket money from babysitting, so my purchases were limited to a quarter-yard of this, a quarter-yard of that...then I'd taken them home and swoon in private.

Definitely time for a re-visit! Lovely pics lady!

Anonymous said...

looks fantastic! I want to go there right now!

studio wellspring said...

i heart satin moon ~ found many a gorgeous fabric & notion here. and what great photos!

Sugar Plum Invitations said...

What wonderful fabrics and I love all the different colored ribbon. What a great find, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This place looks amazing. I am a fabric/accessories designer and the photos are very inspiring. I live in rural south eastern Virginia, your blog is one of my great resources. I have always wanted to visit SF, I am planning on a trip next year.
Thanks for all your ideas and sources.
A