Tuesday, August 14

My Kinda Padded Cell.

The last time I was in Hayes Valley, I stopped in at Rose and Radish, for the very first time (about time, right?). Owner Cate was gearing up in her office for their next big gallery show but came down to say hello. I was still ogling over the Tea Time gallery exhibit and couldn't help but ask Cate about the lovely blue padded wall.

I wasn't sure if it had always been there, or something she had created specifically for the Tea Time show. She explained that they'd made the quilted & button tufted wall with a lot of hard work and like zillions of staples from her staple gun. I love this wall - it would look so great lining a whole bedroom, with your bed positioned in front of it, or in a fancy girl's bathroom, or even a child's room (kabong-proof!). This could make it on the craft project list. Maybe after I get some simple little crafts under my belt. Every three months, they take the gallery all apart and bring you something totally different. I can't wait to see the next exhibit, but in the meantime, check out the big Switch Sale going on at Rose and Radish.

11 comments:

charlotte said...

What a great upholstered panel. I can only imagine how many staples it took!

Anonymous said...

Making a padded wall might be easier than you think... after all, you HAVE mastered the dreaded zipper, and this would be easier. Over your bed? Let's have a crafty day!

Anonymous said...

I drive by there all the time and think, "I've gotta go in there". Thanks for the photos~ I'm going...

Anna @ D16 said...

I think what makes the tufted wall so appealing is the unusual pattern of the buttons! Not a grid, not diamonds, but equally offset rows of three...

Anonymous said...

I absolute love Radish. They are closing down this week to setup another show. ;-)

diana murphy said...

Excellent post title.

swell.life said...

Yum!

Anonymous said...

The dusty blue padded wall does look decadent. I'm envisioning a little girl from a Sargent painting drinking tea next to that wall. Pretty! And look at those tea towels on the wall. So colourful!

dig this chick said...

I heart that panel. If they change it up every so often, perhaps you could get a great deal on it? Especially since you generated like 11 new customers with this post....

katiedid said...

What a fab place! Love the light fixtures and the wall. Are those table made out of paper?

Mélanie said...

I love the lampshades and in the back the " capitonné " wall.
Mélanie