Thursday, February 21

Roll Over Plover.

I discovered Plover Organic bedding today through the very fab, ecofabulous blog from Zem Joaquin. Plover Organic bedding is 100% organic cotton, making it better for you and your family, for your home, and for the environment. Block-printed and quilted by hand, their super-soft bedding is available in these pretty pastel colors and patterns meant to be mixed-and-matched. I like their retro feel, especially the little bits of fluffy white fringe.

The organic cotton in Plover's linens comes from non-genetically engineered seeds grown in soil that is free of pesticides, herbicides or other cytotoxins--keeping those poisons away from those you love and out of the ecosystem. Plover sells fabrics by the yard as well, should you like to stitch up your own pretty pillows. You can find their beautiful bedding in shops all over and online here at Viva Terra.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, just as I was thinking, 'It'd be rad if they sold fabric,' I got to the line where you say they do!

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

I just fell in love with the Plover organic bedding: Brown Leaves! I saw it in Domino this month and it keeps catching my eye. Now seeing it here, I think it's a sign that I must some fabric and at least make a pillow! :)

Unknown said...

Yay! I've been searching for a pattern like these in a Robin's egg blue for a while now...

Anonymous said...

The fringe reminds me pillows my Grandma had. PS -Congrats on the mention in today's Washington Post "At Home" e-newsletter!

sfgirlbybay said...

robin - really? i haven't seen it - thanks for letting me know!

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to this week's At Home. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll PDF it for you:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/email/2005/03/31/EM2005033118307.html?wpisrc=newsletter&wpisrc=newsletter&wpisrc=newsletter

sfgirlbybay said...

thank you so much robin, for taking the time to send me the link!! :)