Monday, March 10

Vintage Finds For A Modern World: Coffee Talk.

I'm fond of collecting vintage mugs. I have this cute vintage modern rack (above) where I like to display mugs that have graced the countertops of truckstops and coffee klatsches of the not so distant past. So, I took a look through etsy yesterday to see what I might find to update my collection. Here's some fun vintage mugs and cups worth having, if for nothing more than just a good excuse to have your friends over for a bit of coffee talk.

Center: Turquoise Speckled Mug. Clockwise from left to right: Retro Green Pattern; Hazel Atlas Striped Orange; Japanese Pedestal Mugs; Pastel Flowered Cups; Groovy 60's Cups; Ironstone Cups & Saucers; Orange Swedish Patterned Pair; Carson City Collectible; Franciscan Desert Rose Grand Mug; Atomic Aqua Mug Set; Retro Stackables; and a pretty Swedish Blue.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my grandmother passed away last year at 95 and when our family was going through her kitchen stuff, we discovered many complete, vintage/retro mugs, cups and plates as these pictured. they brought back floods of memories from my childhood. we can't believe they have lasted all these years!

Anonymous said...

Mary & Rhoda were drinking coffee out of daisy-flowered 70's mugs last night on the MTM show. I immediately wanted to go to goodwill and find at least two for me and a friend! :)

sfgirlbybay said...

Nice memories, guys! Ah, Mary & Rhoda! SO great. I need a coffee, now. ;)

Pandesaldreamer said...

I love collecting mugs! If I find the cutest mug, I HAVE to have it. It's so nice to see that someone also has the fondness for mugs :P