Tuesday, April 22

Wrapped Up In Your Armoires.

I love vintage armoires. Not just for their ornate style, but for their versatility and amazing storage capacity. I've had this old one (above) for years, and it stashes away all my handbags, scarves and accessories, as well as the ridiculous number of shoes I store there. When I was browsing through the pages of an old VT Wonen magazine, I couldn't help but notice the multitude of armoires gracing its pages, and the many uses these European homes put them to. Take a look for some inspirational and unique storage ideas.

Linens and glassware look so pretty peeking through the glass paned doors.



Not your typical armoires, and I love the look.


A fun idea to create a cozy bedroom nook.



Old display cases with glass doors work well, too for storing pretty collectibles.



Even this old glass cabinet makes for fun and extra storage space.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

nothing beats the great beauty of an armoire - except maybe all the storage space it offers!

Jaimee McClellan said...

I ADORE armoires...thanks to you, I'm in search of a new one to make my very own "Bedroom Nook". It looks sooo cozy!

Tara Whitney said...

ohhh i LOVE the one with the writing all over! i want to do that in my bathroom. :)
and now, on an armoire thanks to you! ha

Anonymous said...

i love the armoires! and with only one closet, we need the extra storage. thanks!

Orange Pattern said...

Awesome post. Thanks...

leif said...

i love your pieces, they are beauties! thanks

Anonymous said...

I am in need of an armoire so your post is timely. Just wish I knew where I could buy all the gorgeous ones you've shown us!