Friday, October 17

GUEST BLOGGER: Libby from pinkshirtsandcarwrecks

Hi everybody! I'm Libby from pinkshirtsandcarwrecks, a little design and art blog out of Minneapolis. I also have a etsy shop where you can find some of my work and vintage items for sale. I was so excited when Victoria asked me to guest blog while she is traveling! I'm looking forward to filling in here and there over the next few weeks and am honored to be included in such a great line up.

When I'm making my daily blog rounds I always like catching peeks of people's work spaces. Studio tours are so inspiring and often get me thinking about how to improve my own work space. Recently I converted a closet into a tiny studio where everything is accessible and in one spot for me to do artwork. It's a great solution for those of us apartment dwellers not lucky enough to have ample room to spread out. So, I wanted to see who else likes the coziness of a closet office/work space. Here's what I found:

I think this pretty office would be nice to pen thank you notes in.

Bright colors are great in this teeny office from the book


The wallpaper is fabulous in this new sewing space Sharilyn of lovelydesign created (check out the rest of her studio here).

A sweet curtained workspace looks cozy.

Only a dude wouldn't care about the cords in his streamlined workspace. I love the chair and filing cabinet combo.

I love this one from the
ReadyMade project archive. Everything is so tidy!

Last but not least, here are some evening shots of my jam packed little studio. I just love that everything has a place (and that it constantly needs organizing - I'm a crazy Virgo through and through!) My vintage lamp casts pretty patterns on my inspiration wire and here's a sneak peek of some new pieces I'm working on (below) that will hopefully be in my shop soon!


Have a happy Friday and I'll see you next week!
-libby