Thursday, February 12

Lofty Ambitions.

Some more yummy, loft-y goodness from LoftLife Magazine. They sent some sneak peeks at interior designer Andrew Flesher's, beautiful work. His design trademark is mixing contemporary settings with antiques and vintage collectibles, and his Minneapolis loft is a stunning example of just that philosophy. Complete with 13-foot-high ceilings (man, I love those floor to ceiling, built-in bookcases!), white concrete floors and an entirely open floor plan, Flesher has used more traditional upholstered pieces to decorate the space. The mix of old and new creates a fresh look, one that reinvents conventional modern decor. Maybe, I could live in snowy Minneapolis, after all...this is all so warm and inviting! Thanks for sharing, LoftLife!





(Note: I think Holly at decor8 got the same email I did, but I was halfway done with this post before I noticed, and I really wanted to share...so check out decor8 for her take on this gorgeous place, too! Great minds think alike!)

5 comments:

shanon said...

Oooh! This makes me want to trade in my little house and live in an apartment/loft! I've check this post out both here, over at Holly's and at Loftlife, and holy cow the photographer did a spectacular job. =)

c said...

yes really great stuff. i too, adore floor-to-ceiling bookshelves - would have an entire room of them if i could! thanks for sharing these terrific images..

trendoffice said...

:) this desk doesn't even need a person to sit behind it - so smug and swaggering, cocksure of its importance and glamour.

Jen Bradford said...

I saw this link awhile back and thought, hey..I recognize that painting! I figured out it was by a flickr pal, Harold Hollingsworth. He was happy to get a head's up on the loft pics!

sfgirlbybay said...

jen - cool! thanks for sending the link!