Tuesday, May 19

Diana Kingsley Sophisticated Mix & Match.

A very kind reader suggested I take a look at the photography work of Diana Kingsley and her beautiful, and unique pairings. Being a huge fan of the stories a diptych photograph can tell myself, I really loved the way Diana paired her two images. While not exactly diptychs, I admire the way Diana has selected these images to live together on her online portfolio.

Diana's artist statement reads as follows: "In my photographs I'm drawn to situations where control is confounded by dysfunction and formal elegance is poised precariously on the verge of the absurd. Subjects are undone by subtle flaws, minor setbacks, or a sense of impending doom: cherished possessions are lost, composure is fleeting, first prize remains elusive, while honorable mentions abound. Although the subject matter varies, a coherent sensibility emerges wherein human frailty and vulnerability are reflected in the most disparate of everyday things. I'm looking for the blunt and unadorned ambiance of a one-act comedy, where psychological tension and pratfalls set a mood rather than force any particular narrative." For more of Diana Kingsley's beautiful work, please take a look at her website.









No comments: