Wednesday, January 31

Girly Girl.

Ever since my first trip to London I've had a thing for Cath Kidston. I bought myself the cutest handbag I own from Cath Kidston, a very dainty, oil cloth cabbage rose print little number, called 'The Queen Mum's Bag'. How great is that? Her designs may be considered a bit Shabby Chic, which has lost a bit of it's shine in the spotlight these days with the onslaught of vintage modern. But here and there, perhaps in a kitchen or bath, but particularly in a bedroom, especially a little girl's room, I think Cath Kidston prints have a fresh, clean look with a really cheerful feel. Every once in a while we all like to feel a little girly. Well, almost all of us (right, guys?).

6 comments:

Blogging Masterclass said...

Another reason why you and I must go shopping (and flea marketing) someday! :)

Anonymous said...

Aren't you happy she now has an American online store? Nothing wrong with an occasional girly moment, for sure (as long as football is on in the background.) BTW, love your weblog. It has really inspired me!

** Terramia ** said...

Reminiscent of a time long ago... when flowers abound and colours are as rich as a lush countryside in summer.

Oh, tis Spring!

How lovely...

Anonymous said...

oh I love Cath Kidston!!! I think her stuff can mix in really nicely with "bomo".

sfgirlbybay said...

It is sweet stuff. I must take a photo of the 'Queen Mum's Bag' for ya'll to see.

You know, at one time I actually tried to be her rep in the U.S., but the paperwork with the U.K. was pretty crazy. And it was just one of my hair-brained schemes! :)

Anonymous said...

This past weekend, I treated myself to a Cath Kidston floral mug for my morning coffee!