Thursday, February 1

Swims with the fishes.

Even the name, Fishs Eddy sounds very New York. It makes me think of a mob hit where Eddy now swims with the fishes. A bit dark, I know. The name is really much more innocent than that. It really comes from a small fly fishing town in the Catskills that Fishs Eddy owners Julie Gaines and Dave Lenovitz loved so much they were inspired to name their shop after it. If you're not a New Yorker or familiar with the shop, Fishs Eddy is a store specializing in American sturdyware-dishware from diners and restaurants across the country. They have such an amazing selection that I'm just going to share some New York classics with you right now. But after delving into their website, where you can order online, I realize I must come back and feature more. So stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy a New York cup-o-joe, or a nice platter inspired by the Brooklyn skyline.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you've done it again - gone and made me all "wanty"! I've known about Fishs Eddy for a long time, but had no idea they had an online shop.