Sunday, May 20

That Maker Faire Was Fun!

On a whim, I ventured out to the Maker Faire on Saturday and I was not disappointed - instead quite pleasantly surprised. I'm back contributing on Apartment Therapy San Francisco, so check out my post on Monday in full detail about the Maker Faire. I'm telling you, it was some of the most stimulating eye candy and fun I'd had in a crowded, public place since I went to the Venice Biennale. Totally different, and yet just as inspiring. It just made you laugh, have fun and feel good. Great etsy crafters, designers and artists, not to mention the strange and beguiling, like the Poems About Anything Guy...he just typed away without a care in the world. So fantastic.



*Lovely sea creature print from Jaime Zollars.

7 comments:

bronwyn said...

I love the skeleton prints - very unusual

~Plain Jane~ said...

I went to the Maker Faire too! The man with the "Poems about anything" was one of my favorite things. I was so tempted to sit down and have a poem done, but he was busy working for someone else at the time.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to share how I adore the abundance you share here.

SO refreshing and hip and informative. Thank much, Vanessa

72 and sunny said...

missing sf right now!

Jordan Cappella said...

Poems about anything what a great idea, I am glad he was so busy. Very Cool!

Jordan

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know who the poem guy was? He looks exactly like a guy I knew, but I have no idea why he'd be in San Francisco. Funny, since I was there last week all the way from Baltimore... Claire

Anonymous said...

A few weeks back he was on CBS Sunday Morning--a great little Sunday AM show that I think comes on at 6AM pacific time, unfortunately, but TiVo takes care of that for us. Anywho, he was in front of the Berekley Bowl when they interviewed him for the show, so maybe people could find him there sometime. It sounded like that was a regular spot for him.