Wednesday, November 14

Fancy Folklore.

Once upon a time, in an enchanted land called San Francisco, these very clever folks at a shop called Rose and Radish, came up with the genius idea of a themed gallery and shopping exhibit that would reinvent itself every few months. Their exhibits weren't just like any old gallery show, their unified themes were quite brilliant and inventive and admirers from big cities, and countrysides near and far, would flock to Rose and Radish to view their latest bits of ingenuity.

This time around Rose and Radish is exhibiting a new show entitled Folk, which reflects a contemporary interpretation of age-old crafting techniques, design motifs, and visual storytelling. A lovely idea for the holiday season, centered around the tradition of family and those stories that make up our customs, history and heritage. Folk begins at Rose and Radish November 13 and runs through February 2, so stop by and see the story for yourself.



Rose and Radish
460 Gough Street
San Francisco 94102
415.864.4988
Gallery Hours: Tuesday- Saturday 10:00 am- 6:00pm
Flower Hours: Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 4:00pm

4 comments:

Maggie Sumner said...

I LOVE the print with the bear. It seems very Scandinavian. I would like it on cushions for my living room.

One question for you and forgive me if I should know this but I just found your blog recently: are you or your family British? I noticed that you referenced your mom as "mum." I am just curious because I grew up with two thoroughly British parents. Something in common perhaps besides my enjoyment of your wonderful blog?

sfgirlbybay said...

sounds like a cute idea, maggie!

i am of british ancestry, but my parents are actually canadians. my great grandparents on my mum's side were british, so my mum has always just been 'mum'. i am actually of british circus blood - they had a travelling animal circus in the UK that eventually made it's way to the states. this is all quite topical with the theme of folklore, isn't it? :)

Sarah said...

I love your blog. I plan on coming back to read more. Shot on time now.
Thanks.

Maggie Sumner said...

My parents (one East Ender and a lovey Oxfordshire lass) were married in England and then came to the US a year later to find their fortune.

If I ever get to San Fran or you here to Chicago, we'll have to meet for tea and crumpets :)