Monday, November 5

Welcome to The Frozen Fountain.

High on my list of must-sees in Amsterdam was the Frozen Fountain (please forgive me, Messrs. VanGogh and Rembrandt, I only had so much time). Located in an old 18th century canal home in the Jordaan section of Amsterdam, along the Prinsengracht, the shop is huge and light filled and every corner holds shiny, new and beautifully designed contemporary furniture and home accessories. The Frozen Fountain cultivates close contacts with designers from the various art academies in the Netherlands and beyond, so that their collection is one that is diverse, fresh and truly awe inspiring.



These ubër amazing tea set creations of Vika Mitrichenka's look like they were made just for Alice's Mad Tea Party. So delicate, and yet, so completely wacky. I'd like one of each, please.



Piet Hein Eek furniture design and some ceramics from Hella Jongerius.



I love these colorful, quilted Mes big beanbags, throws and cushions.



Esther Derkx's lovely and ornate crockery look out at the canal. What a nice spot for tea.




Some of Droog Design's fabulous modern lighting fixtures.

14 comments:

Ashley said...

I was really hoping that you would go to the Frozen Fountain and notice the work of that furniture designer > Piet Hein Eek < because 2 years ago when I went, I fell in love with a table, drew it in my sketchbook but didn't write down the name of the designer! I have been holding on to a photo of it from Japanese Vogue for almost just as long but since I can't read Japanese ... I still didn't have the designer's name. So thank you!

Jen said...

I can't believe all that you fit into one day! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you enjoyed The Frozen Fountain! It is one of my favorite shops in Amsterdam.

Uncle Beefy said...

My little coffee cup is looking quite sad at the moment :( LOVE it! Sigh. I'd go bankrupt in that store!

Michelle said...

those stores look amazing, and I would love to have tea with that view

Amelia A Beautiful Living said...

Great things!

www.abeautifulliving.se

Anonymous said...

Wow, great photographs and super post, love this store, you're so lucky!

Anonymous said...

oh my god - this store looks like heaven on earth. I love all the dishes..so awesome!!

Please come by The Shiny Squirrel - New Products!!!

Prêt à Voyager said...

Frozen Fountain is one of the places I didn't make it to during my visit. Thanks for letting me travel vicariously!

Blogging Masterclass said...

those mes pillows are great, thanks for sharing victoria!!!

and i know what you mean about strange salad mixtures. i had dinner at my friends house saturday and ate CABBAGE pizza with ham and it was good going down, bad the next morning because i had major cabbage hangover, i was green in the face. then i really sealed the deal a day later at another friends house, they served tortelli tossed with some cream sauce and tons of leeks. another dish that was good going down but the next day, i had leek hangover.

the best combination i had though that i thought would make me sick was in sweden. i ordered a salad with smoked salmon and on top, there was pesto mixed with cottage cheese. yeah serious. TRY IT AT HOME equal parts of each - but the fatty cottage cheese not the light variety. it was GREAT on a salad.

okay sorry to ramble.
:)

Anonymous said...

They talk about Piet Hein Eek in "Marie Claire décoration" this month (french issue). He makes a nice job !!!

blah said...

I love the stools!! CUTE!!!!

Lynne Rutter said...

wow, those cake plates! wow!

Rachel Mallon said...

I love those pillows. Just another thing to do with outdated fabric samples.