Tuesday, April 14

Friends & Neighbors: Piewacket.

I first came across the beautiful interiors of photographer Lara Rossignol when she very deservedly won Domino's Reader's Choice decorating contest last year. And now she's sharing more of her wonderful interiors on her blog, Piewacket, named for Kim Novak's cat in one her favorite films, 'Bell Book and Candle' (she says just the sets alone, make it worth watching), and although they spell it 'Pyewacket' Lara changed the "y" to an "i" because she also likes pie!

Anyhow, I digress...but Piewacket is a good name, right? What I wanted to share is Lara's amazing DIY chair makeover! She used the fabric from an Orla Kiely bag she discovered at Target, and recovered this cute vintage, wrought iron chair after giving it a perky paint job! For more of her DIY steps on this chair, and her interior design goodness, check out her blog, Piewacket, and up soon...Lara will appear as an Unexpected Guest right here on sfgirlbybay. Thanks for sharing, Lara!


8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the outcome of the chair! What a cute idea - I've often found purses that I thought would make great pillows if I had the fabric!

our little love nest said...

Great idea! Love her blog! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic!

Celia said...

Amazing!

betsy and iya said...

So clever! I love blog jumping into other people's brains for a moment...brilliant.

Waxy said...

Amazing chair transformation!

bellasparty said...

What a great idea! Love the fabric.

Rachel said...

Wow, I'm in love with her blog and her ideas. Over the past week I've found so many amazing, creative, women bloggers out there- I'm very inspired by them and you. Thanks!