Monday, August 21

Thoroughly Modern Martha.

Is it just me, or has anyone else taken notice that Martha Stewart Living has gone a touch modernist? There's definitely a little more design diversity for us modernistas. But don't panic traditionalists, she's still got you covered. In the pages of September's issue she takes you on a tour of her newly remodeled kitchen, which looks like it's taken on a more contemporary, and industrial feel. Its color palette is quite sedate, but it does look sleek and modern.











My interest was really piqued though, when I spied an article entitled 'A Modern Mix' featuring a mid-century modern home with a very open style in Santa Monica, California. Designed in 1953 by modernist architect Craig Ellwood, I'm telling you this gorgeous home full of Franco Albini and Paul McCobb could have come straight from the pages of Dwell. I love it! Take a sneak peak in case your issue hasn't arrived. Thanks Martha, well done!






No comments: